They say there’s no such thing as a free lunch, but that doesn’t mean it should cost you a fortune and just like with lunches, websites have various different options that can vary the costs.
If you’re a small business or just starting out, paying a premium for a website is not what you’re looking to do, partially because you are just starting out and don’t need all the fanciness of one, but also because they are a big expense.
So what we’re going to look at are some ways that you, as a small business can get a cheap web design. Now, depending on what type of website you want, will depend on where you start. A service-based website will have different needs than an ecommerce site, so we’re going to try and keep this fairly general and not to be too specific.
Use a CMS (Content Management System)
An example of a CMS would be something like WordPress, an open-source web platform that’s free to use.
- Open-source CMS so free to use.
- Free web design themes available.
- Popular so lots of documentation.
- Needs hosting, so this will cost extra.
- A theme gives less control over the design.
- Need technical knowledge to make changes to style.
- You’ll need to keep on top of the CMS and plugin updates to keep it secure.
- No support/help with your website if something goes wrong.
- Adding in an SSL certificate would cost more.
Use a web builder
A web builder would be something like Wix, where you can build your own website using their builder.
- The builder gives more control over the design.
- Allows you to create a website yourself or use a template.
- Low monthly cost to use the platform.
- Comes hosted on Wix’s platform.
- Doing the design yourself can take time. Getting a designer will increase costs.
- Without the keen eye of a designer, important design elements will likely be missed.
- You are limited by what can be done with the web builder.
Get a Procredible website
Our own website builder, but with the addition that the website is designed and built for you.
- Cheap monthly cost to run the website.
- Design tailored to you by experienced and professional web designers.
- Hosting and SSL included as part of the price.
- You are tied in for a minimum 12 month contract. This is so we can offer websites at the low monthly cost, without the need for a set up fee upfront.
So there you have, 3 ways you can get a cheap website designed.